Medcalf V-Ti-Fe Project
- Strategic metals asset containing three valuable metals – vanadium, titanium and iron
- 100% Audalia Resources owned
- Resource exploration indicates high grade vanadium and titanium resources
- Orebody close to surface, low risk and simple mining operation
- Wide market application of project products
- Only 220kM from Esperance deep water port
- Strong global growth forecast for project products.
The Medcalf Project is a vanadium, titanium and iron project located some 470 kilometeres south east of Perth near Lake Johnson, Western Australia. The Medcalf Project comprises one granted Mining Lease M63/656 and two granted Exploration Licenses E63/1133, and E63/1134 covering a total area of 24 km2.
The Medcalf Project lies in the southern end of the Archaean Lake Johnston greenstone belt. This greenstone belt is a narrow, north-northwest trending belt approximately 110 km in length. It is located near the south margin of the Yilgarn Craton, midway between the southern ends of the Norseman-Wiluna and the Forrestania-Southern Cross greenstone belts.
Activities conducted by Audalia at the Medcalf Project to date include completing:
- a review of historic exploration activities;
- detailed geological mapping;
- aerial photography;
- several rock chip sampling programme;
- an Ethnographic Heritage Survey;
- an Anthropological Heritage Survey;
- an Archaeological Heritage Survey;
- signing a Definitive Land Access Agreement with the Ngadju People;
- a Level 1 and 2 Flora and Fauna Survey and 3 Conservation Management Plans;
- 123 RC drillholes for 3,556m;
- a JORC Indicated and Inferred Resource of 31Mt @ 0.45%V2O5 and 8.4%TiO2;
- 19 PQ core holes for metallurgical testwork; and
- A Pre-Feasibility study (PFS).
A map setting out the interpretive geology of the Medcalf Project may be downloaded here
An Independent Mineral Resource Estimation on the Medcalf Deposit was updated by Cube Consulting in August 2019. A JORC (2012) compliant Indicated and Inferred resource of a total of 32Mt grading 49.2% Fe2O3, 0.47% V2O5 and 8.98% TiO2 was calculated.
Indicated & Inferred JORC (2012) Resource Estimate
Native Title Agreement
The Ngadju People are traditional owners of the land. In November 2015, Audalia signed a Land Access and Heritage Agreement with the indigenous traditional owners of the land “The Ngadju People”. This led to the granting of M63/656 Mining Lease for the Medcalf Project by the State Government. The Agreement covers a range of commercial and non-commercial terms.